Scott's Soapbox

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Long Time, No Post

Okay, I have really been slow on this. I have a whole post-election wrap up half finished...

My life has been so busy lately. First of all, I got promoted to run our mortgage brokerage. This is a terrific opportunity, but...it means I have been spending lots of nights at the office, getting home from work after 9:00, and just feeling worn out. I have many mangerial things to do, in addition to handling my own loans, of which I have closed 6 in the past two weeks! We need a lot of order, a lot of organization, and a lot of motivation in a hurry. So, work is so crazy right now but it is already getting better. I feel like what our office needs, I can bring to make it successful.

Also, I have been busy with life outside of work- Thursday, hockey game. Friday night, had to work late and miss Happy Hour with the boys. Saturday- Hocking Hills to hike around. What a beautiful day, 68 degress and sunny. Not too many leaves left, but still a great time and some magnificant views. Laura's pictures to be up later. On Sunday, another hockey game (now 3-0 on the year) and tried to get some weekend-life stuff done- groceries, ATM, laundry.

I have been trying to get a lot of stuff done because tomorrow will be my last day in the office. My heart surgery is Friday up at the Cleveland Clinic. So my parents are taking me up tomorrow, testing to start Thursday morning. All goes well, I should be coming home Saturday, although I will be groggy and sore. So this of course has been on my mind as well. My family and friends have been wonderfully supportive and I have every confidence in my doctor and the hospital. Still, I cannot help doing things, going places, and seeing people and wondering if I am having those experiences for the last time. I have been making a point to see certain people, give a call, or send an e-mail...just in case.

Thanks for everyone's warm thoughts- it really means a lot. Love, peace, and happiness to all- hope to be blogging again soon.

1 Comments:

  • So glad all is well with your surgery! See you soon!
    xo
    Laura

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home