Scott's Soapbox

Saturday, May 14, 2005

I'm Back For Now

I have not posted in a while. I just seem to never have time for it, or the aggravating blogger website is down again. Right now work is consuming of all my time. We have more than doubled in size now in the past month and a half. I am really the only point of contact for all of these new people and just getting all the simple new hire stuff is driving my crazy. New e-mail set-ups, new passwords, new accounts, all the paperwork, all the training. Plus the non-stop questions! It seems somedays like we are just spinning our wheels, as right now we are adding loan officers but not closed loans. This weekend I have decided that it is time again to take a step back to go forward, to work on long-term projects rather than shor-term and take some time to just recover from the rush and get new people acclimated before we grow anymore. Our resources (and mine) are getting stretched thin, nearly to the point of breaking. We just need to take a cool down period for now.

Last weekend I went back home to help my parents move and celebrate Mother's Day. Saturday my father and I did a major project on the deck- invloving an hydraulic jack, many a power tool, and wrestling with a new 6X6 footer. My parents are moving father from DC to an absolutely beautiful new house up towards the mountains in Thurmont, Maryland. So they are completing projects around the old house to prep it for sale. We really did not have much time to just visit- all Saturday was spent working pretty much. I feel a little like I came home for Mother's Day and barely saw my mom. Oh well, it is a busy time for all...and at least I was a dutiful son! Hopefully next time will be nmore relaxed.

I am looking forward to being able to come down and just explore the area- amazing views and they are only a few miles from Catoctin National Park! I remember these hills from when I grew up, I feel so connected there. It's funny, those rocky hills hold so many happy childhood memories for me. I have not been back there for years, but I remember all over again why it is one of my favorite places on earth.

1 Comments:

  • Sounds like you really needed to get away from work for a while. It certainly would mean a great deal to your mom that you came and helped out! I'm so glad you will feel happy and "at home" in your folks' new place. I was afraid you would really miss your "old home" and never feel like you could "come home again." All that growth will be good when everyone is used to their job and becoming productive, but when will you have time for Jen? How will she feel treasured above all else (even work??)?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home