Scott's Soapbox

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

How'd We Do?

Eastern Conference - I got 3 out of 4 correct here- missing only Philadelphia. Buffalo just skated circles around them. To come out and lose at home 7-1 in a deciding game is just incredible. They will have that game to think about all summer. Ottawa looked as good as predicted, so did New Jersey. Carolina made a nice comeback, but nothing I saw changed my picke of Ottawa over New Jersey in the East finals.

Western Conference- Oy. Of course, if the Ducks win tonight (the only Game 7!) the seeds advancing will be 5,6,7, and 8 so, by the standings at least, every series has been an upset. Upsetting to my picks anyway. I only have 1 of 3 so far, with my Ducks needing a win tonight to bring me to .500. I am looking forward to tonight's game- it has been a great, hard-fought series so far.

Actually, the hockey has been great- the refs have kept on calling penalties, so we got some higher scoring than normal. There have been some really tick-tack calls that slowed the game down, but that will happen. I'm still happy they have cleaned things up. If anybody needs me tonight, I will be watching the game, Molson Canadian in hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home