Scott's Soapbox

Friday, October 22, 2004

Hockey Team Does It Again

We had our ups and downs this season, needing a win in our final game to even make the playoffs. We won 3-2 and made it. First time our whole team has made it to the game all year.

So, last night, playoffs. First game against the #1-seeded (9-1) Chili Dogs. We got on them from the start and took a 3-0 lead. The second goal was a classic- me from behind the net, backhand spin, out to Craig and in- only been doing it for 10 years now! Slam-a-bama-ding-dong! They called timeout with about 5 minutes left and we discussed how easy it is to blow a 3-0 lead, much to Yankee fans chagrin. 3-1 is the final.

Championship game- we are down 5-4 with 2 minutes left in our season. I knew we did had to do it right then. Perfect play from the faceoff- Craig, to Kevin across to Dugan, who takes the shot. After practicing this all season at the rink in Gahanna(thanks Craig), I tip it perfectly over the goalie's shoulder. 5-5. Our 5 fans go wild! :) Next shift I get stuck out there, trying to get a line change when the puck comes right to me. I spin aorund and flip to Treegs, who goes around one man and fakes the goalie, pulling the puck to the afr side. I am trailing the play for a rebound, but no need. In it goes- 6-5. That's your final- we are winner winner chicken dinner.

So after losing in the finals two season ago, we have one the league two years in a row. I am so sore today I cannot even tell you, shoulder, groin, knee...but it's all worth it to get another stylish champions t-shirt. Great job boys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home