Scott's Soapbox

Monday, October 18, 2004

My Surgery

There is a "live on webcam" display of my upcoming surgery here. Just click on the webcast to see (Thanks to Laura for finding this.) Under a month to go now. I am excited, but a little scared as well.

It is kind of interesting for the first 10-15 minutes where they are talking in generalities and what patients this is good for. They decribe me exactly as a good candidate- otherwise healthy heart, no other problems, causes decline in quality of life, permanent AF. After that, unless you are a doctor or med student, it is drop-dead (maybe bad choice of words?) boring. Blurry black and white picture with doctor doing operation. Lots of big medical words and it is hard to follow along with what he is doing. So my advice is to not sit through the whole thing. Heck, I am having the surgery, and even I scrolled ahead and ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home