Scott's Soapbox

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Just What the World Needs

Caffinated beer! (My heart will love it! Maybe it would be okay, if I just sipped it rythmically at regular intervals?)

One: As the article says, this is a reaction to all those flavored rum and vodka-based drinks so popular now. Used to be, the guys drank beer and those girls that did not drink beer drank wine collers. Now, the girls who don't drink beer drink this fruit-flavored stuff. Will girls want to drink berry flavored beer? (I know I am being sexist and sterotyping, but honestly, who is going to be the guy who orders the first of these with his buddies. "We'll have a beer, a gin and tonic, a round of Jagr-bombs, and Joe down there will have the berry-flavored beer." Joe's nickname is now "Berry," right?) Does this product that sound good to anyone out there? Seriously, a sweet, fruity beer? I have a hangover just thinking about it.

Two: The article says they designed the beer for "21 to 27-yera-old drinkers." I feel old all of a sudden. :(

Three: I cannot help thinking another country just invented something like a more fuel-efficient engine or a way to make a faster computer. But we have new beer! Take that, world. Maybe I'm just pessimistic- after all, we have done well with Nobel prizes this year. America- we work hard, we play hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home