Scott's Soapbox

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Sorry to be so slow in updates...

Crazy busy at work this week- lots of late nights to sell people loans they either do not want after all or do not qualify for upon further review- "Oh, didn't I tell you about that bankruptcy?"- I also had hockey games Thursday and Friday. My legs and hips are sore as can be from 2 days straight.

I did enjoy a nice night out last night, went to a friend's Cinco De Mayo party. They had a really nice setup where he cooked sirloin and chicken out on the grill, while inside it was basically a make your own burrito kind of thing with all the fixings. So, freshly cooked meats plus great toppings. Your own personal Chipotle! (I thought it would have been more topical if there had been an illegal immigrant there to fix your food whilst waving a Mexican flag, but I digress.) Anyway, the food was excellent, and a good time was had all around. His dog quickly spotted me as an easy mark, and huddled under me giving me that look that says please feed me I have not been fed in weeks how will I ever survive without some of your food. I wasn't buying it for a moment, but a little chicken may have "accidentally" gotten down to her anyway.

I left early because I was tired after practice and I had not even taken a shower afterwards! So I came home and watched the late hockey game as Anaheim "blew away" the Avalanche. "Shoveled"? "Plowed"? "Buried"? The Ducks look great, and flew past the better rested Avs. Selanne just keeps doing his thing, another 3 points and smiles the whole time.

This weekend looks lovely, I plan on hiking once my legs feel better. Tonight, I would like to go to Gallery Hop downtown so if anyone is interested in Columbus, just let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home