Scott's Soapbox

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Poker Results

I have been playing a lot more poker recently, with good results. For Christmas, I got Volume 2 of Dan Harrington's set and it's helped me out a lot. Volume 1 was great is how it makes you think, but I needed to most help with the endgame and smaller tables. Made me a more aggressive player, trying to make sure I have enough chips towards the end. I do well in terms of how often I "cash" in tournaments (typically 3 out of 10 in a sit-and-go or top 10% in a larger tournament) but I often just fade into the money with not much left. I get worried at missing out (bubbling) and play too tight. The big money is not until the final table or so, hence I need to go for it and play for the win. It's helped remind me to be aggressive and given me more confidence.

Anyway, Friday played a big tournament on Ultimatebet.com and finished17th out of 508, which is pretty good. But even better than the finish was the fact that with 27 people left, I was 3rd in chips. I continued to play aggressively, got unlucky a few times and bounced out. But I was very happy with how I played. Last night, at our regular game, I could tell my change in style worked as well. I always have finished even or ahead in that game, but last night I killed the game. By the end, me and one other player had virtually all the money, and I made a tidy profit. I'm excited to play so well but after a very very late night, but I could use a little more sleep as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home