Scott's Soapbox

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Light on the Blog, Heavy on the Pumpkins!

Over the past couple of weeks I have heard a lot of "Why didn't you write about this" or "How come you haven't updated your blog recently?" Frankly, work is so crazy busy I cannot even tell you. Second, Yankees-Red Sox captivated me even though I am not really a basebal fan. Third, I am a little sick of politics right now- anyone who lives in a swing state knows what I mean. During the baseball games, I would repeatedly see Kerry or Bush ads back-to-back. Plus, unofficial ads from the Swift Vets, Media Fund, and the like. And of course, all the local ads for judges, sheriffs, dogcatcher...so I think I speak for all of Ohio when I say "leave us alone, let me watch the stupid game!" Oh, and everyday, one of the top four is here- Bush today, Edwards tomorrow in Dayton, Kerry hunting goose earlier, Cheney hunting Kerry, everybody hunting for votes.

Sorry about that- where was I? Oh, right, pumpkins. I am going today to the Circleville Pumpkin Show down about 30 minutes south of Columbus. I am sure there will be folks there with signs, buttons, and the like, but I will ignore them. Who has time for politics when one is on the way to see a 1353-pound pumpkin? Reading the schedule of events, I found very comforting middle American things- animal show, pumpkin-eating contest, hogt calling, and then at 6:15 today we have "Dynamic Moment" and "Group Therapy." I really hope these are the names of bands and not some sort of pro-pumpkin encounter group. Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home