Scott's Soapbox

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Baseball Is Back in DC

For those that do not know, I am from Potomac, Maryland, about 15-20 minutes outside of DC. Maybe it is becuase I am Marylander, maybe it is because I grew up with the Orioles, maybe it is because I went to a fair amount of games growing up (including 3rd game ever at Camden Yards), but baseball in DC? I don't need it. Granted, if I lived in Northern Virginia I would not want to haul it up to Baltimore for a weekday night game. However, for Marylanders, I think the Orioles are it. For DC folk, it is the Redskins 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. The the Wizards, and then maybe Georgetown basketball. Ask Ted Leonsis how much of a hockey town DC is.

The new team will play in a new stadium and I am sure generate some excitement, but I predict the area will now have two so-so franchises instead of one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home