Scott's Soapbox

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Today

What a beautiful day it was today. I had a great time at the library picking up a ton of stuff- some serious, some not so. I took Andrew Sullivan's Virtually Normal with me to Scottie MacBean's in Worthington and enjoyed an iced chai tea and the people watching. Then I headed over to Inniswood Metro Gardens and walked around there for a while. Such a great variety of things to see outside- one of my favorite places in Columbus.

Is there any better feeling than lifting one's face up and being kissed by the warm glow of the sun? (At its best on a cold winter morning, when one's breath floats up in a haze and the cold air meets the radiance of the sun). Is there anything more beautiful than sunlight flickering through the trees, patterns waving and emerging like waves...the light diffuse and softened, just glowing on green and greener leaves? I was sitting down watching this light play it tricks whilst two squirrels played whatever game they play (looked like tag) frolicking through the underbrush. I saw them run, heard a woodpecker pecking away, and watched a caterpillar crawl along the path. And I felt at peace.

What a rejuvenator nature can be! How I felt myself recharge sitting on that bench! Without a care in the world, just enjoying the wonder of it all. A good walk in the park could do us all some good.

1 Comments:

  • I have been to Park of Roses, but I have never crawled inside a tree there. Maybe on the next lovely day...

    By Blogger Scott L. Stuart, at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home