Scott's Soapbox

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Snowy Day

It was simply a beautiful Christmas-y day here today, light snow gently falling, cold but not too terrible, the whole world a warm, welcoming white. After shopping until I dropped (literally) yesterday and getting almost all my shopping done, today was a day of rest.

I relaxed at the computer for a while, watched a little football, went for a nice long walk in the snow. I saw people walking their dogs, shoveling their driveways, playing with their children...and I saw the life I want. Simple domestication. A house, a wife, some children, a dog, a home. The holidays always makes me want that, I guess. I wanted to come home, shovel my own driveway, have hot chocolate with my family and build a fire to gather around. It's a simple dream, but it's mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home