Scott's Soapbox

Friday, May 19, 2006

It's Been Almost Two Weeks...

Sorry, I have lots to say, but work has been...beyond belief. I am constantly there, or constantly on the phone with there, or constantly logged on from home to there, or constantly thinking about there. Really, it's all I've been able to think about for a while. As part of my job co-managing our mortgage shop, I run appointments and meet with clients to see if we can help them, and if so, attempt to sign them up for a mortgage loan. Notice I said part of my job. A small part, normally, as my function is more management/support than sales. Most times.

A big week for me of appointments is 1, maybe 2. These past 2 weeks, I have had 9. The whole office is running like this- running around Central Ohio trying to sell loans. The loan processing (structuring and pushing papers) part of my job has to get done sometime- I'm just not sure when. When my day is, go to office, drive 30 mins to appointment at 10:00, back to office, then 2:00 appointment, then 4:00 appointment, I guess it gets done around 8:00 that night. Which is okay sometimes, but when it gets to be every day, it gets a little old. (Right now as I type this on 7:42 Friday night, my work e-mail is open and I am still sending out follow-ups. While I was at hockey practice- everyone should know when this is- I only missed 4 calls. Work, work, work, and work.) So I am exhausted, and I cannot think about things the way I need to to write about them. Frankly, if you need a half hour, I haven't had it in weeks.

Tonight, is just sit back with a beer and enjoy the game. Work is tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home