Scott's Soapbox

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

2nd Debate

I have been soooo busy I have not posted anything in quite some time. Real simple, Debate #1, I thought Kerry killed Bush. Debate#2 - A draw. This was a good debate, both men made their points, there was a little less of the personal back and forth crap that we all hate. Much more substantive. One cannot watch the debate and not come away with the idea that there are clear differences between these guys. I think a good debtae for both, and good one for the country. Bush does do better at these kind of town hall style debates, because he connects very well with people. But Kerry did well too- I think this shows his advantage of having been through the primaries this year- Kerry has done a hundred of these all across the country, and he has gotten much better. Although Kerry's answer on abortion just was terribly muddled on Bush pointed it out saying something like "I'm still trying to decipher that." A lot of people have been criticizing Kerry for what he did not say, rather than what he did. I thought he did very well and slightly edged Bush. Bush only pulls even due to the "soft bigotry of low expectations" because of his terrible performance down in Miami.

Interesting questions I thought as well. Real people always seem to do better than journalists at asking what questions America wants to hear answered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home