Scott's Soapbox

Monday, October 30, 2006

The Commercial

Some of you might recognize the dark haired fellow sitting at the desk in this ad for Franklin County (where I live) Commissioner candidate Marilyn Brown. A friend of mine is Marilyn's campaign manager, and she drafted me to be in this commercial- along with another ad still in post-production. A little powder, some concealer, a few dozen takes...and there we are. I had never met Marilyn before, but she seemed nice enough while repeating her campaign speech over and over for the cameras. She has never run for office before and seemed slightly bemused by all the fuss. I think she's the type of person who would rather do the job than campaign for it, and that's always a good sign. I was promised lunch by my friend for being in the ad, yet I think my performance- subtle yet passionate, while determinedly nodding my head- deserves a nice steak dinner at Morton's, don't you think? I'll have the filet...

1 Comments:

  • This was cool! I actually got to see Scott, dressed somewhat more professionally than when we see him at the family reunion! Way to go Scott! I bet you are the only family member who was on a real campaign commercial during the election. So suave-looking!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home